Thursday, June 27, 2013

Big Weekend




Getting ready for an exiting weekend ahead!

Tomorrow afternoon at 4:00, my brother, Adam, along with my best friends, Mike, Kevin, and Rob, and I will be packing in to my mother's Toyota Sienna (with license plate "NANA CAR") and will be taking a road trip to Jackson, NJ to celebrate my last weeks as an ineligible bachelor at Six Flags Great Adventure.

I've never been much of a "go out and get wasted" kinda guy... but I have always been a "I want to ride the tallest roller coaster in the world" kinda guy... so we are going to do just that. For those of you who don't know, Six Flags Great Adventure is home of the record-breaking coaster "Kingda Ka." At an intimidating height of 456 feet and top speed of 128mph, Kingda Ka holds both height and speed records as being the tallest in the world and fastest in North America (2nd fastest in the world) according to www.rcdb.com.

Is it bad that I'm turned on by this photo?

Not only is this trip going to test the limits of my courage, but with a forecasted highs in the mid 80s and high humidity, it's going to put my MS to the test as well. Normally, I can escape to the Air Conditioned luxury of my apartment or office on hot days but, this weekend, we will be exposed to the elements all day. We will be walking miles around the park and standing in line for hours.

Six Flags does offer a disability pass designed to help guests with certain concerns and needs. I've been instructed to go to Guest Services when I arrive to discuss my MS with their staff and see how they can accommodate me and my friends.

I will blog about how well this works when I get back.

SO FREAKIN EXCITED!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment