Wednesday, June 27, 2012

#inspiration

So a lot of people have told me that my story, my humor, and my point of view have inspired them. Great... Way to put the pressure on me to be inspirational. I'm glad my way of life has given hope and happiness to others who either live with MS or live with someone who lives with MS (those are the people who are truely inspirational. I don't know how my girlfriend can deal with my crap most of the time but she does).

I've decided that, since I've been made in to this role model by my readers, I'm going to start doing things worthy of your admiration.


First, With the help of my good friend and aspiring personal trainer, Becca, I've outlined a training schedule to run in my own NickWithMS 5K Run for my 27th Birthday this year on August 28th. This will be the first of a line of physical events in which I will participate to help spread awareness and raise money for Multiple Sclerosis. Becca and I will also be training to participate in St. Joeseph's College's leg of the Bike MS 100 Mile Bike Tour through Southern Maine in 2013. I will keep everyone updated with details on participating in an event in your area on behalf of Team NickWithMS.

Also, I've started a new rock band called Calamari Special with my good friends Jack, Kevin, and Zack. We will be writing, and performing original rock music and donating all proceeds to Multiple Sclerosis Support and Research. Keep an eye out in the future for details on that.

These are all brand new endeavours so I applogize for not having too many details on them as of yet. Keep an eye out on my Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/nickwithms, my Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/nickwithms, and, obviously, here on my blog as this all develops further.

Thanks to everyone who has followed me and supported me. I'm so happy to hear that I've been able to return the favor to so many of you.

NickWithMS

No comments:

Post a Comment