Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wanna get High?

Through my posts, I've regularly poked fun at people who seem overly interested in the advances in Medical Marijuana research. This is a tough topic to talk about because research has shown significant benefits and improvements from Marijuana use among MS patients. Anyone who has smoked Pot regularly has probably realized that it suppressed their immune system. With MS being an Autoimmune disease, this is clearly a benefit. However, anyone who has ever hung out at a Dave Matthews concert also knows that repeated use of Marijuana has debilitating congative effects. Honestly, I'd rather fight my MS another way than start accusing everyone I see driving a BMW of being part of the "Corporate Machine who fights to keep the little guy down." Don't get me wrong, Jam Bands have their place; I just really don't want to get to the point where I think a 20 minute Vacuum Cleaner solo qualifies as a Revolutionary Advance in Music Theory and Performance.


My whole life, I have been cautious about taking perscription medications. Even when I had my wisom teeth out, I took a couple OTC Advil rather than the Vicodin my Dentist prescribed me. I grew up knowing that I was never the most physically attractive guy in the world. The only thing I always knew I could rely on to get friends (especially girls) was my wit and humor. When I'm on drugs, I'm not even able to tell a joke correctly. I am prescribed a few different drugs to take As Needed to help fight symptoms such as Fatigue and Panic Attacks - both of which are pretty regular symptoms of MS.

I've been told by many people that I qualify for Medical Marijuana in the State of Maine due to my diagnosis. I'm not doing this for quite a few reasons. First, I'm not in high school. I don't like being high. My brain is already being destroyed by my immune system. I don't need to surpress it more with THC. If I started smoking pot daily, you would probably find that my blog becomes a lot less.... umm.... whats the word..... you know..... good.

See what I mean?

The other reason is - I don't wanna be known as "The Guy Who Always Has Weed." The last thing I need is someone finding out that I've got Marijuana in my house and breaking in to get some while I'm at work and my girlfriend is alseep. I already have people wanting to get my other prescriptions from me. As easy as it would be to grab some extra cash on the side, again, I don't want to be known as "The Guy Who Has It."

If there is anyone reading this who has MS and is currently using Marijuana for treatment, please let me know your experiences with it. For right now, I don't think it's for me.


Follow me on Facebook!
@NickWithMS on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment