Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Plan to Stay in Shape

One thing I keep hearing from every MS Information Source is the importance of staying in shape both mentally and physically.

Before my most recent relapse on December 25, 2011, I was running 6 miles a day, 5 days a week on the elliptical machine at my gym. I felt great when I was doing it. I was able to keep that up for about 3 weeks before my relapse at which point all workouts stopped. Now I'm at the point of getting back in the routine again. I've decided I want to train to run road races. My first goal is to complete a 5K before my 27th birthday on August 28th. As anyone who is experienced in running knows, running on the road is NOTHING like running on an elliptical.

Luckily for me, I have a friend, Becca, who is a competitive runner and also aspires to be a personal trainer as a career. She has outlined a training plan which will help me with this goal. I'll update my progress occasionally in my blog and on my Facebook page.

Training starts Jun 26. Wish me luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment