Monday, February 4, 2013

5kEveryDay



So today was my first day back at the gym in quite a while. I lifted some weights and ran a mile. It felt good to be working out again. Going to the gym also motivates me to eat healthier which is good. Now, don't get me wrong... It wasn't a great day at the gym. I had to set myself back 10lbs from what I used to lift and my mile was in 12:07... but a mile is a mile, right?

So this is what I've decided:

I'm gonna challenge myself to do a 5k every day that I go to the gym (which should be Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) but I may miss a day here and there depending on what comes up. I'm not planning on "running" a 5k every day; that would be impossible at this point. I simply plan on traveling 3.1 miles through a combination of Running/Jogging/Walking every time I go to the gym and keep track of how my time improves as I go. I'll be tracking this on my RunKeeper app and posting it all on my twitter.

Who wants to join me?

Post your 5k times on twitter and use #5kEveryDay to tag it so we can all motivate each other!

It should be fun and healthy! 


REMEMBER: YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN IT!
Walk, Run, Jog, Elliptical, Bike, Row, anything you want. Just travel 5k (3.1 Miles)

Sound good?
GO!
NickWithMS

No comments:

Post a Comment